Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Big Girl's Night Out

Some big girls may or may not know that there are clubs dedicated to size acceptance.  It is a great place to dance, wear your shortest skirt, and know that you are in a safe and friendly environment.  Now I have seen programs, I have heard comments, and I have witnessed the fact that some big girls look down at big girl clubs.  I say to each its own.  But in the same way that I like going to gay bars, I like going to big girl clubs.  I have been going to Club Bounce off and on for 6 years.  My blog is not so much a blog about fat rants or drama but fashion and GIRLS let me tell you there are some fierce fashions going on in these big girl clubs.  I am about to get a bit picture heavy but I wanted to showcase some of the styles I have seen at Club Bounce.


I was invited to attend Bounce's 8 year anniversary by stylish owner Lisa Marie.  She pulled out all the stops: Red Carpet, Candy Bar, Black and White Party, TV crew, and tuxedo cake pops!  The styling was amazing that night.  I of course went with an all black number, a tight mini dress from curvygirlclothing a million years ago and my favorite sequins blazer from Simply Be.  I also tried some Katie Perry false eyelashes...bam...


Dressing for a club is so fun for me because I tend to love the glam styles.



PEPLUM and SEQUINS!
OMBRE HAIR and NERD FRAMES....LOVE

FIERCE OWNER LISA MARIE

POLKA DOT BEAUTY

WHITE PANTS AND TORSO.  GET IT GIRL

STRIPES, LACE, and LEATHER...I AM IN LOVE!

PINK GLADIATOR STILETTOS...BAM

So FUN (need to learn to sit like a lady)
That all being said, I would give going to a big girl club a chance before making an opinion.  Check out Club Bounce.  It is a great place to let loose and show off some of your most daring fashions!

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to one. Do you and Matthew go? Maybe we can go and take the men folk. LOL

    http://turquoiseandtangerine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete